Rights Respecting Schools Award
In 2019, Arnhem Wharf was awarded the Gold Rights Respecting Schools Award from Unicef. This award recognises achievement by schools in embedding children’s human rights in their ethos and culture. The UN Convention on the Rights of the Child has become an important aspect of how the children learn about the world and how we all consider the impact of our actions others.
Silver Shakespeare School
Having worked with Coram Shakespeare Schools Foundation for 5 years, we have been awarded the title of Silver Shakespeare School. The festival in November and our Year 6 cast performance is always an early highlight of the academic year.
Healthy Schools Gold Award
We have been awarded the Healthy Schools Gold Award demonstrating, sustaining (and learning from) outcomes to support children and young people to achieve and maintain good health and well-being.
We have been nominated by Tower Hamlets Arts & Music Education Service (THAMES) to become a Music Mark school for the 2020/21 academic year.
They recognise the value that we place on music and our commitment to a broad and balanced curriculum.
"Music Mark believes in the fundamental right to experience a high-quality music education for all children and young people, in and out of their schools.” - Bridget Whyte, Chief Executive
Platinum Sing Up Award
Sing Up places singing at the heart of every educational setting. Their wide range of resources and songs are designed to help include singing as an aid to cross-curricular learning in the classroom or to act as a complete foundation for singing and music across the school.
The Platinum Award is for schools that:
- Have been a Sing Up Gold Award school for one term
- Sustain development and extend participation in singing to the wider school community
- Commit to become a learning community; embracing the richness of diversity to develop quality singing activities
- Commit to extending and developing the quality of vocal leadership and singing in and outside of school and with the wider school community
- Have an outward focus, inspiring and sharing their singing ethos