EARLY YEARS: RECEPTION AND NURSERY
A good quality education is the entitlement of every child. We provide a well-planned and resourced curriculum to encourage children to develop into independent and motivated learners and thinkers. We help children to learn through play and develop vital social and communication skills. We want each child to have a love of books and the confidence to begin to read and write. We develop children’s early mathematical skills and encourage them to have a fascination about the world around them. We want children to be healthy and happy and able to express themselves through the arts.
This curriculum continues in Year 1 for the autumn term, until all the children complete it.
You can see slides from a parent workshop on Early Years reading here.
Below are the slides from our parent workshop on phonics.
NURSERY TOPIC MAPS
RECEPTION TOPIC MAPS
TOPIC LETTERS TO PARENTS
- Nursery Autumn 1 topic letter Its Good To Be Me (0.82 MB)
- Nursery Autumn 2 topic letter Three (1.10 MB)
- Nursery Spring 1 topic letter Once Upon A Time (2.33 MB)
- Nursery spring 2 topic letter Pattern (2.21 MB)
- Nursery summer 1 topic letter Ee igh ee igh oh (1.74 MB)
- Nursery summer 2 topic letter Splish Splash (3.39 MB)
- Reception Autumn 1 topic letter Are We Nearly There Yet (2.35 MB)
- Reception Autumn 2 topic letter Hats Hats Hats (2.75 MB)
- Reception Spring 1 topic letter Food Glorious Food (4.60 MB)
- Reception Spring 2 topic letter Boxes (2.41 MB)
- Reception Summer 1 topic letter How Does Your Garden Grow (1.34 MB)
- Reception Summer 2 topic letter Were Not Scared (2.67 MB)